Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Showcasing FARM and tonight at the 10x3

 Last night as I settled in after my gig at the Barking Spider I saw a Facebook post from Brent Kirby stating that he had an opening for his 10x3 songwriter showcase at Brothers Lounge in Lakewood. Well Brent is a good guy and runs a great weekly event. I haven't done the showcase since folknet ran the event in March, and I thought it might be fun to travel out there tonight to play and meet some new folks. I sent him a quick email, and he replied soon after saying, the spot is yours. See you tomorrow. So tonight at 10:20pm I will be performing a set and listening to 9 other songwriters. I am looking forward to it. Stop in if you are in the area.

This morning, I woke up to an email from Folk Alliance Region Midwest (FARM) letting me know that I was chosen to do a Folk DJ and presenter showcase at this years conference. I had already been asked by the DJ, but today's email was my confirmation.  It means that I was selected by a DJ (Jim Hall) who likes my music enough to endorse me through the selection. The showcase will place me on the stage before all attendees of the conference. I am very excited for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment